i've been busy lately, on top of gathering vintage finds for 5gardenias, and making jewelry for my etsy jewelry shop -- i've been painting walls in our home-- changing the colors from saturated deeper colors to lighter and simpler neutral colors. the once red wall has now got 2 coats of slightly different tints of light yellow/green, almost a citron--that have been brushed on -- --waiting for a 3rd and possibly 4th coat of yet another tint. the majority of the other walls are now finished with a soft ash bark, and talc white. our place feels lighter and larger- just in time for the spring. i'll post some pics in the next day or two of the back wall's progress...
in the meantime i've recently listed some sweet new vintage pieces to celebrate the late winter season and the anticipation of spring... i know i know -- it's still a bit early...
from top left to right:
1. p.k. silesia porcelain tea cup set from the turn of the century
2. wm. rogers eagle and star X12 silver plate flatware
3. vintage transfer ware platter
4. rustic wire heart basket
5. antique green metal lidded container
6. sweet grass basket and sewing notions kit
7. antique chinese cane sewing basket with tassel
8. late 19th cent. conte & boeheme fairing porcelain trinket box
9. pair of applique shooting star cotton voile panels
i also thought i'd mention a wonderful surprise that happened just this past week-- 5gardenias was featured on decor8's etsy take five tuesday picks-- i was thrilled because decor8 is a super design blog and i was surrounded by 4 other wonderful shops that up until tuesday i hadn't known about ( well i was already a big fan of mincing mockingbird's shop) it was a good and happy week for my little vintage shop and me. the kind of week that makes me realize i must be doing something right!