10/17/11

Some new pieces finished and added to my jewelry shop just recently....the finish on these pieces pays tribute to autumn and her golden leaves and black velvety trunks and branches that glow against the grey skies after an october rain.
There is one particularly long stretch of blocks near the park that I love to turn onto-- lined with rows of maples from one end to the other. They light up the landscape -- everything else falls away- the leaves glow and flutter against the grey skies and the trunks and branches seem to join from one tree to the next forming a continuous web and pattern. I'm always blown away. Year after year it never fails to fill me with intense happiness, and a bit of aching, knowing that in just days the branches will be bare...
I wish you all a beautiful autumn-- enjoy every moment of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment