4/23/14




A lovely old mid century Chimayo mat from New Mexico - just listed in 5gardenias this morning. I purchased it from an antique dealer who is selling his amazing post and beam cabin, sitting on 40 acres. Such a solid structure-- with a wrap around porch, hand hewn tree trunk columns supporting the porch roof, and inside a huge stone fireplace, and the entire railing winding up the stairs featured curly tree limbs as balustrades. Such a treat to visit -- along with viewing all of the fabulous things he'd collected over the years. I was happy to come away with just a few things-- I have some wonderful George Caitlan book plates that I'll be listing in the not too distant future. Prints of American Indian chiefs and daily life from the mid 1800's -- so lovely. I purchased a few fabulous pieces of petrified wood-- but they've found a place on my table for now - perfect perches for my carved animal friends.... : )
Happy Tuesday !


2 comments:

  1. An immaculate piece that would make any table a celebration. Love looking in your shop, Kathi : )

    ReplyDelete