2/12/10

nose to the grindstone

o.k. it's time to take some time out from production work and "made to orders" in my etsy shop. while i appreciate the lovely customers it has brought me and i do enjoy making pieces for people, i've definitely been feeling hemmed in. time to move on to some fresh ideas-- break out and have some fun. so the next month or two will be devoted to testing out some new techniques and ideas and pulling together some of my loves and inspiration and put it into the work.  i've pulled most of my work from the shop with the exception of a few one of a kinds.

i hope customers will bear with me while i wander off for a bit. i'm hoping the results will prove worthy! so now it's literally time for putting my nose to the grindstone... grrrrr.  i'm ready!

in the meantime... here's keith jarrett's rendition of my funny valentine for you and i hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

  1. sounds great to me. that is also my plan. best of luck to you!! enjoy making art and not just pieces to sell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love what you plan on doing--I don't know what it is, but I'm sure it's going to be good! In fact, I'm thinking of doing the same--whatever that may be :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well it remains to be seen how things will go-- but that's the fun of it. thanks for the words of encouragement!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous as I would love to give the old shop a good spring cleaning. Enjoy, discover, and create!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey jen-- it looks to me like you have lots of beautiful new and inspired work!! i don't think there's any need at your end-- but i know each of us always wants to strive for the best-- i know you do-- it's so much give and take isn't it? when you're running your own shop and trying to make a living from it? hard work for sure!! kudos to you for making top notch work at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love reading this. seems many artists have a hard time stopping and letting something new come to fruition. takes just as much courage to STOP and try new things as it does to make it to begin with! enjoy your time creating.

    ReplyDelete