2/2/10

shoe fetish???

well yes shoe fetish-- of course! but these are no ordinary shoes. wish they were though--wish i could go to my local shoe boutique and pick up a pair of each. anthropologie comes close with some of the fine details and newfangled throwbacks of former styles that have been appearing in their collections. still-- no one really has set my heart a pounding as much as these early designers -- names unknown--most of these shoes date back to the 1600s, 1700s, and 1800s-- with a few 1900s thrown in, and one pair from egypt!-- all from the victoria albert museum collection-- drool drool. ( oh and a few examples of amazing architecture a la wearables )

5 comments:

  1. I'm in love with the gold ones in the upper left corner, and the Egyptian ones are gorgeous--they all are! Shoes that follow the foot's form and show off the bone are the most beautiful--like a good pair of well-worn leather ballets or jazz shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. drooling down here.....!!!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, major drool!! at first, I thought you were sharing one of your personal collections and had to pick my jaw off the floor! hahah I only wish in my wildest dreams to have such an incredible shoe collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would love to have just one of these pairs in my personal collection!-- they seem strikingly modern to me. if i were a shoe designer i would be all over these designs!!

    ReplyDelete